- Eco friendly – no batteries needed
- Reacts Instantly to any deviation from course.
- Easy to use. Like riding a bicycle, after a bit of practice, the right settings become automatic.
- Works in all wind conditions above light airs.
- Works in all sailing directions off a dead run.
- Can be used when motor sailing (on a reach, or close hauled).
- No vulnerable framework is attached to the stern of the vessel leaving that area clear for boarding ladders, aerials, dinghy davits, wind generator, radar etc
- Blends in easily with the cockpit design
- Ruggedly built; should last a lifetime
- Can be used on tiller or wheel steered yachts
Here’s a video of the Steersman at work.